Engineer - Production Control Designs & Development
Middlesex, NJ, USA | Full-time
Compest Solutions Inc engineering team has an immediate requirement for a Production Controls Engineer to work with a team of talented engineers in the design and development of production control panels. The ideal candidate should have minimum 10 years of experience in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of production control tools.
- Using inputs from the project designs, work collaboratively with the production control Engineering team to define suitable system architectures for custom automation equipment.
- Design circuit and layout drawings of control and power panels utilizing AutoCAD
- Utilize root-cause analysis skills to investigate control breakdown and line stoppages while collaborating with other engineering teams.
- The architecture should include proper selection of a system controller (PLC, PAC, etc.); networking design, including selection of critical networking components; selection of input and output hardware; selection of motion control components; selection of safety interlocks and controllers; provision to integrate.
- Considering NEC, NFPA, any customer standards, and corporate standards, design all fluid power circuitry (pneumatics, hydraulics) utilizing AutoCAD LT or AutoCAD Electrical.
- Utilizing internal standards, create organized bills of material for all designs. Inform the Project Manager of any long-lead items.
- Work collaboratively with the Engineering team to create control applications and configuration files for all programmable devices within the architecture. This includes PLC logic, operator interfaces, motion controllers, robotics, vision inspection systems, and other programmable process equipment.
- Understand and execute all applicable internal processes, especially those that relate to the quality management system.
- Check engineering drawings prior to releasing to quality assurance team. Make sure they agree with mechanical design and customer requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $89,000 - $105,000 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- Minimum 10 years of experience as an engineer in production controls
- Bachelor's degree or Master degree in Mechanical or Production Engineering